Privacy And Security Policy
Arihant understands that you have entrusted us with personal information that is both important and confidential. We take our responsibility to protect your information extremely seriously. We are committed to keeping nonpublic personal information about you secure and confidential.
How we collect information from you
From time to time, we may collect a variety of personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on applications and forms, via the telephone, and through our websites;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others (such as your purchases, sales, or account balances)
Generally, you may visit arihantcapital.com anonymously and obtain information about our Company and products and services without providing any personal information. However, in a few sections of our website, we ask you to provide information that will enable us to enhance your site visit or to follow up with you after your visit. It is completely optional for you to participate. We collect personal information from you in a number of ways:
- Account Opening and Registration: We collect information from you when you request to open an account or register with arihantcapital.com (My Arihant section to visit restricted section of the website). You will also be asked for information when you choose to register with My Arihant. The information we collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, and date of birth, as well as details about your interests and investments. You will be asked if you choose to receive special offers, promotions and reports. You will also be asked for a login name, password or password validation and other personal information that is needed to register or subscribe you to services or offers.
- Feedback and Contact Us: When you choose to provide feedback or request us to contact you through Ask us a question form we ask you for some personal details which may include your name, email address, address, phone numbers and your comments.
- Website usage: When you visit our website, our computer may use devices known as "cookies," graphic interchange format files (GIFs), or other similar web tools to enhance your web experience. These tools enable us to recognize you when you return to our site, maintain your web session while you browse, as well as help us provide you with a better, more personalized experience at Arihant.
How is the collected information used?
The personal information you provide is kept confidential and used to support our customer relationship with you. We may use the information you provide to improve our services to you, to provide you with products you have requested, to inform you about additional products or services that may be of interest to you and to inform you of special offers or upgrades.
If you do not want to receive information about special offers, upgrades, newsletter, mailing list from arihantcapital.com or its affiliates, you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe for the emails or opt-out from the calls you receive and we will ensure you are not contacted further, unless you wish to.
The personal data of customers and website visitors is stored indefinitely and may be collected and processed in one or more data bases maintained directly or indirectly by arihantcapital.com. By providing personal information to arihantcapital.com, you agree and understand that arihantcapital.com and its affiliates may access, store, and use this information for a variety of purposes including identification, registration, authentication and marketing.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Information sharing within the Arihant family of companies
We selectively share your information with Arihant Capital Markets Ltd’s affiliates. Arihant Capital Markets Limited (ACML) is part of the Arihant Family of financial services companies. ACML and its affiliates together offer you a host of financial services and products to help you meet your financial goals.
Many clients within the Arihant family of companies do business with more than one affiliate of ACML to meet individual needs. When appropriate, Arihant may share information we collect about you within our family of companies to help you serve better.
How we share information about you outside of the Arihant family of companies
We do not disclose your nonpublic personal information, except as permitted by applicable law or regulation. For example, we may share this information with others in order to process your transactions. We may also provide this information to companies that perform services on our behalf, such as printing and mailing, marketing survey, or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. We will require these companies to protect the confidentiality of this information and to use it only to perform the services for which we hired them.
We provide access to information about you to outside companies and other third parties in certain limited circumstances, including:
- To help us process transactions for your account;
- When we use another company to provide services for us, such as printing and mailing your account statements;
- When we believe that disclosure is required or permitted under law. For example, we may be required to disclose personal information to cooperate with regulatory or law enforcement authorities, to resolve consumer disputes, or for risk control; we will whenever called upon to do so, disclose your personal information to any Government, Central or State, local or public or regulatory authority such as the Securities and Exchanges Board of India (SEBI), Reserve Bank of India (RBI) or such other authority;
- When we enter into a joint marketing agreement with another financial institution in order to provide you with an Arihant Capital Markets Ltd. (or other Arihant affiliate-branded) financial product or service. We only make such agreements with companies that we believe can help us provide a financial product or service that will benefit you;
- When we believe that in order to help you serve better we may appoint an outside agency to take feedback from you on how you feel about our products and services and similar information.
Safeguarding Your Information
We take precautions to ensure the information we collect about you is protected and is accessed only by authorized individuals or organizations.
We are committed to keeping accurate, up-to-date records to help ensure the integrity of the information we maintain about you. If you identify an inaccuracy in your personal information, or if you need to make a change to it, please contact us promptly by calling 0731-3016100/101.
Authentication is the process that our clients and registered users go through to access secure areas of our Website. This process takes place when you log into your account. The two key components of login are your Login ID and Password.
Login ID: Our system generates an automatic login ID for you which is emailed at your correspondence address.
Passwords: We maintain strict rules to help prevent others from guessing your password, and recommend that you change your password periodically. Your password must meet the following criteria:
- Atleast 6 characters long
- Include both letters and numbers
In addition, for your protection, repeated unsuccessful attempts to log in will cause your online access to be disabled. Once this happens your password must be reset. If this happens to you inadvertently, please follow the instructions under “Forgot your password” on the Login page.
The website www.arihantcapital.com contains public forums, message/boards and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Arihant will not be responsible in case of any misuse of information available in these forums or message boards.
Cookies and other tracking devices
Cookies also may be placed by third parties when you access their sites through linking from this website. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that these cookies may contain. Please contact the third-party site for more information on these cookies. We are not responsible for the actions or policies of such parties.
Arihant may share website usage information about visitors to the website with reputable advertising companies for targeting our Internet banner advertisements on this site and other sites. For this purpose pixel tags or other web tools may be used to note the pages you've visited. The information collected by the advertising company through the use of these tools is not personally identifiable. These advertising companies have their own privacy policies.
Privacy Statement to the sites to which we link
How to Protect Against Phishing
What Is Phishing?
Phishing is the illegal attempt to mislead consumers into providing personal or financial information, including account numbers, passwords and Social Security numbers, via email or through fraudulent websites.
The most frequent phishing attacks occur through email disguised to appear as though it came from a reputable financial institution or company.
Most phishing attempts urge you to update or validate your account information, typically through a link in an email directing you to a fake website that appears to be legitimate.
How To Spot a Phishing Attack
There are many phishing attacks active on the Internet. Here are a few of their lines and lures:
- An email contains an “urgent” or “shocking” tone requesting your immediate action on an account-related matter. Phishers frequently succeed by getting consumers to act quickly without thinking.
- An email is sent from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company with an attachment. An unsolicited email attachment more than likely contains a virus. Do not open it.
- A pop-up window appears from a user falsely claiming to be a legitimate company’s website asking for personal information.
How To Report a Phishing Attack
If you suspect you have received a fraudulent email from Arihant capital markets ltd. or any of its subsidiary companies, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you believe that any communications with or from Arihant resulted in identity theft, call us immediately at 0731-3016100.
To learn More About Phishing Scams or Identity Theft visit www.antiphishing.org
This notice is being provided on behalf of:
Arihant Capital Markets Limited
Arihant Futures and Commodities Limited
Akj Securities Limited
And other affiliated companies of Arihant Capital Markets Limited